- Your current UMHB student ID card serves as your library card.
- As a borrower, you accept responsibility for library materials borrowed on your student ID card.
Your Responsibility As a Library Patron
When you become a library patron, it is your responsibility to know the policies and procedures of the library as stated on the library’s website.
- As a borrower, you accept responsibility for library materials borrowed on the card issued to you.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the library has your current contact information.
- It is expected that you will treat library materials and equipment in a manner so that they are preserved, in working order, and available for other users.
- You are responsible for returning library materials by the date and time due.
- As a library user, you agree to pay fines for materials returned to the library after their due date and to reimburse the library for materials that are lost, damaged, or stolen while checked out on your card. Library fees are not negotiable.
- The library will not release the names or identification numbers of users or borrowers who are using library materials.
Due Dates for Checked out Items
- Due dates for items are found on the date due card in the checked out item.
- It is your responsibility to return or renew an item by its due date.
- To renew items, access your library account online and try renewing from there.
- If you have trouble renewing items, please contact the Circulation Desk at (254) 295-4637.
- You will not be able to renew:
- overdue items
- items that have already been renewed twice
- items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan services
- you must call (254) 295-5004 to renew ILL items
- reserve items including laptops
- if a hold has been placed on an item
- As a library user, you agree to pay fines for materials returned to the library after their due date.
- If you have overdue items you will not be able to checkout additional items until they are returned.
- If you have fines you will not be able to checkout additional items until your fines are paid.
Lost or Damaged Items
- As a library user, you agree to reimburse the library for materials that are lost, damaged, or stolen while checked out on your ID card. Library fees are not negotiable.
- Minimum lost book charge is $50.00
- Replacement and processing fees are charged for overdue materials that are not returned
- Lost or damaged items may be replaced, but arrangements must be made with the library before a replacement is purchased.
Borrowing Periods, Item Limits, Overdue Fines
|Item||Loan Period||Item Limit||Overdue Fine|
|Books||3 weeks||No limit||$0.10/day|
|CDs, DVDs, VHS, AudioBooks||1 week||5||$0.10/day|
|Reserve Items||Professor's Decision||No limit||$1.00/day|
|CD Players||2 hours (in library)||1||$1.00/day|
|DVD Players||3 days||1||$1.00/day|
|Digital Voice Recorders||Overnight||1||$1.00/day|
|Interlibrary Loan||Varies||May order 5/week||$0.50/day|